50 Million Strong by 2029
The goal of SHAPE America’s 50 Million Strong by 2029 is to “put all children on the path to health and physical literacy through effective health and physical education programs”. You can help make this a success by getting all kids active 60+ minutes a day, helping them make healthy choices and preparing them to maintain positive behaviors for a lifetime. This is done through the areas of effective instruction, healthy behaviors and physical activity and advocacy.
Here are a few ideas from the KAHPERD 50 Million Strong Ad Hoc Committee to help “put your students on the path to health and physical literacy”!
- Add a PE tab to your school web page and include information about your program, include a list of the National Physical Education Standards
- Utilize local parks to encourage families to be active together
- Promote the benefits of having recess before lunch
- Promote local fun runs and walks with your staff and students
- Invite teachers to participate in your class (maybe a reward could be they get to wear comfortable clothes the day they participate!)
This app is needed to utilize live HR monitoring
Running Coaches Clipboard
This app allows teachers to record splits/times of multiple students
Interval Time HIIT Workouts
Interval timer for workouts, or switch stations efficiently
Allows Teacher to access any files they have saved on their drive
Allows teachers to educate on proper nutrition
Allows teachers to film student, play back in slow motion, side by side comparison with other video and draw over pictures.
Teacher Resource for health and PE
Allows collage of pictures to be made
Split Screen Multitasking View
Allows two apps/screens to be opened at once.
Scoreboard- Free Scorekeeping on the Go
Body Mass Index Calculator
Deck of cards that will mix up your fitness routine with an endless combination of simple & effective workouts
The 7 min workout for kids
Warm up activities
J&J Official 7 minute workout
Warm up activities ranging from 7min to 32min
Help select team at random
Yoga for beginners to advanced
Videos of activities and workouts
Music for Exercising