Each year KAHPERD honors teachers, administrators, program coordinators and students for meritorious service in the field of health, physical education, recreation, and dance. We welcome your assistance in suggesting an individuals who deserve and qualify for these awards.
- Wayne Osness Honor Award
- Vicki Worrell Service Award
- Kathy Ermler Technology Award
- Adapted Physical Education Teacher of the Year
- Dance Education Teacher of the Year
- Elementary Physical Education Teacher of the Year
- Middle School Physical Education Teacher of the Year
- High School Physical Education Teacher of the Year
- School Health Education Teacher of the Year
- Administrator of the Year
- Future Professional of the Year
- Recreation Professional of the Year
- Jump Rope for Heart Coordinator of the Year
- Hoops for Heart Coordinator of the Year
- JRFH/HFH Combined Event Coordinator of the Year
How to Nominate
- Make sure the nominee meets all the requirements for the award for which he/she is being nominated.
- Notify the person of his/her nomination and confirm their interest in pursuing the nomination process.
- Submit nominations online to the Awards Committee Chair.
- Submit support materials to Awards Committee Chair.
Nomination and Submission Deadlines
The 3rd Saturday of April
Nominations Deadline for Specialty, Teacher of the Year, and Professional Awards
The 3rd Saturday in June
Support Materials Deadline for Specialty, Teacher of the Year and Professional Awards
Nominations deadline for Joint Projects Awards
Nominations Deadline for Future Professional and Support Materials Deadline for Joint Projects Awards
Central District and SHAPE America materials due
Support materials deadline for Future Professional Awards