Each year KAHPERD honors teachers, administrators, program coordinators and students for meritorious service in the field of health, physical education, recreation, and dance. We welcome your assistance in suggesting an individuals who deserve and qualify for these awards.
- Wayne Osness Honor Award
- Vicki Worrell Service Award
- Kathy Ermler Technology Award
- Adapted Physical Education Teacher of the Year
- Dance Education Teacher of the Year
- Elementary Physical Education Teacher of the Year
- Middle School Physical Education Teacher of the Year
- High School Physical Education Teacher of the Year
- School Health Education Teacher of the Year
- Administrator of the Year
- Young Professional of the Year
- Recreation Professional of the Year
For Undergratuate students, there will be a future professional award for both Education and Non-Education Discipline. The application link is below:
For Graduate students, there will be a winner for both Education & Research categories. One winner will be selected from those canidates as the KAHPERD Outstanding Graduate Future Professional of the Year. The application link is below:
Nominate any KAHPERD member to be recognized for the work that they do during the year. The unsung folks that help KAHPERD be a fantastic organization. Complete the nomination form and then also send a hard copy with payment of $20.00 to the awards chair’s address on the nomination form.
Email the nomination form as well to the awards chair.
How to Nominate
- Make sure the nominee meets all the requirements for the award for which he/she is being nominated.
- Notify the person of his/her nomination and confirm their interest in pursuing the nomination process.
- Submit nominations online to the Awards Committee Chair.
- Submit support materials to Awards Committee Chair.
Nomination and Submission Deadlines
The 3rd Saturday of April
Nominations Deadline for Specialty, Teacher of the Year, and Professional Awards
The 3rd Saturday in June
Support Materials Deadline for Specialty, Teacher of the Year and Professional Awards
Nominations Deadline for Future Professional
Central District and SHAPE America materials due
Support materials deadline for Future Professional Awards